Department of Computer Science, Room 7405
The Graduate Center
City University of New York
365 5th Avenue
New York, NY 10016
E-mail: byounes [at] juno [dot] com
since Fall 2006.
· BS Degree in Computer Engineering from ENSIAS School
· Implemented a simple version of Iterative Closest Point algorithm (ICP) for the registration of two point clouds.
· Performed a literature review and presentation of various methods in the area of 3D to 2D range-image registration.
· Developed an application that segments range images, the segmentation module groups 3-D points that are part of
the same surface by giving them the same color.
· Created an interactive program that implements a special magnifying glass that can show some attributes of a color
image when it moves over the image
· Explored the structure information across different bands of a color image using the Bayer Pattern reconstruction
· Developed an application that classifies hand written digits (Bayesian approach) using traditional and advanced
learning procedures in pattern recognition.
· Developed an image classifier application that decides whether the content of the image is an indoor or an outdoor
· Studied and presented Piva's paper: "DCT-based Watermark Recovering Without Resorting to the Uncorrupted
· Worked with different teams to design, develop, and implement many other applications using C, C#, C++, Java,
XSLT, and .NET.
Software Developer at Gabriels Technology Solutions, Inc
Group leader - Endeca technologies.